- Ioxus, a manufacturer of premium performance ultracapacitor technology for the automotive and transportation industries, has introduced the new 1200 Farad (F) cell to its portfolio of high performance ultracapacitors. The 1200F cell is a high-powered energy solution that optimizes the performance of lead acid, AGM and Lithium Ion batteries in cars, tractors and motorbikes, enabling improved start/stop technology performance and serving as a reliable and cost-effective feature of hybrid engine vehicles. With the widespread availability of Ioxus iCAP® ultracapacitor cells, manufacturers gain unmatched durability and adaptability to support a wide array of applications.
The 1200F cell plays a key role in several applications within the automotive industry, including: engine starting and cranking; transportation drive systems; and regenerative energy capture. Engineers will appreciate its structural features, which were designed for easy and error-free assembly. The cell was designed with high-shock and vibration applications in mind and has a wide variety of technical features, including:
- 2.7V working voltage
- 84% higher power density than comparable products
- Lowest cell ESR on market: 25 mOhms AC and 30 mOhms DC
- Highest power density: 25 kW/kg or 32 kW/L
- Long life cycle: 1 million + cycles
"With the introduction of the 1200F cell, Ioxus once again demonstrates its dedication to developing products, not only with the highest technical performance, but also with the customer's needs in mind. The 1200F cell is the ideal source for micro-hybrid & stop/start systems in the automotive market," said Mark McGough, CEO, Ioxus. "The popularity of hybrid vehicles is increasing and US auto manufacturers are now embracing the emerging ultracapacitor use, which has been successful in Europe and Asia."
Ioxus announces the 1200F Cell following the successful launch of three new modules, the iMOD® 80V/12F, 16V/500F and 48V/165F, in March 2013.
Additional Ioxus Information:
- Ioxus data sheets: http://www.ioxus.com/data-sheets.html
- Buy Ioxus products: http://www.ioxus.com/wheretobuy.html
- Ioxus on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ioxus
Ioxus manufactures premium performance ultracapacitor technology for transportation, alternative energy, medical, industrial and consumer product markets. The company offers the highest power and energy density ultracapacitors and hybrid capacitors ranging in size from 100 Farads to 3,000 Farads, with both iCAP® cylindrical and THiNCAP® laminated pouch cells available. Ioxus ultracapacitors have higher power compared to other ultracapacitors, with smaller, lighter weight iMOD® modules and systems. Its family of ultracapacitors is uniquely optimized for high performance with low resistance, ideal for delivering high power bursts for acceleration, energy recapture, peak load shaving and high power applications. Ioxus is headquartered in Oneonta, N.Y. For more information, visit www.ioxus.com .