The ZigBee Alliance, a non-profit association of companies creating, maintaining and delivering open, global standards for the low-power wireless Internet of Things (IoT), has announced 38 new members have joined since the beginning of 2016. This rapid growth reflects continued industrywide support for the organization and its latest low-power RF solutions for a smarter, greener IoT - from innovative new companies to major, market-moving brands that are serious about contributing to interoperability, collaboration and unification.
"These 38 organizations represent an international movement to bring the Internet of Things forward on a universal scale that's not hindered by country borders, brands or language," said Tobin Richardson, President and CEO, ZigBee Alliance. "Our members are focused, producing results, and ZigBee 3.0 is generating explosive interest as we rally the industry around the goal of meaningful IoT interoperability via a consolidated approach to the market."
The ZigBee Alliance welcomes the following 38 companies representing 15 countries to its prestigious roster of 425+ forward-thinking members from 37 countries around the globe:
- Ad Hoc Electronics (USA)
- BEESMART Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Blaze Automation Inc. (USA)
- Danfoss (USA)
- EASY SAVER Co., Inc. (South Korea)
- Ei Electronics Ltd. (Ireland)
- Enerbee (France)
- Energetic Lighting Europe NV (Belgium)
- Ferguson Sp. z.o.o. (Poland)
- GEWISS S.P.A. (Italy)
- Giersiepen GmbH & Co.KG (Germany)
- Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (Hong Kong)
- iRevo - Assa Abloy Korea (Korea)
- Johnson Controls Inc. (USA)
- LEDVANCE LLC. (USA)
- Linx Technologies (USA)
- Lux Products Corporation (USA)
- Luxembourg Online SA (Luxembourg)
- Lynxus Technologies Corp. (China)
- Midea Group (China)
- Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) (USA)
- Nortek Inc. (USA)
- Optoga AB (Sweden)
- Paulmann Licht GmbH (Germany)
- PC Partner Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- Powerley (USA)
- Qualcomm Technologies Inc. (USA)
- RIBAG Licht AG (Switzerland)
- Shanghai UMEinfo Co., Ltd. (China)
- Sinopé Technologies Inc. (Canada)
- Stelpro (Canada)
- TCI Telecomunicazioni Italia srl (Italy)
- TCL Communication Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. (China)
- Tritech Technology Limited (Hong Kong)
- VCA (USA)
- Verizon Technology (USA)
- Willis Electric Co., Ltd. (China)
"The flurry in membership activity we've experienced in just the past four months since announcing ZigBee 3.0, plus the recent acquisitions of Daintree by Current (by GE) and GreenPeak by Qorvo, indicate the industry's large-scale investment in ZigBee technologies for next-generation IoT products," said John E. Osborne II, Chairman of the ZigBee Alliance board. "We're proud to see continued growth of the ZigBee brand and we're pressing full-steam ahead."
Guiding the organization's efforts, the ZigBee Alliance board is an international lineup of proven industry leaders: Comcast Cable, Itron Inc., The Kroger Co., Landis+Gyr, Legrand Group, Midea Group, NXP Semiconductors, Philips, Schneider Electric, Silicon Labs, SmartThings, Texas Instruments and Wulian.
To join the ZigBee Alliance and help shape and accelerate the Internet of Things, get inspired here
To learn more about ZigBee 3.0 and how this newly ratified IoT specification unifies existing ZigBee standards to work in harmony and be Better Together, visit www.zigbee.org .
ZigBee: Control Your World
The ZigBee Alliance creates, maintains and delivers open, global wireless standards that enable everyday objects to work together and control your world in the Internet of Things (IoT). An open, non-profit ecosystem of more than 425 companies representing 37 countries, the Alliance is developing and promoting the world's leading IoT standards across a wide range of consumer, commercial and industrial monitoring and control applications. For more information, visit www.ZigBee.org .
Source: ZigBee Alliance